Now we realise that it's not conventional to have chocolate cake for your wedding cake. Historically couples go for the iced fruit cake option, possibly with a tier of sponge if there's some conflict or indecision during the planning process. The iced covering allows for a lot of incredible, elegant and elaborate decorating options. And it that's what you're after, then without any judgement on our part (after all we did indeed have fruit cake at our wedding!) we can confidently confirm that this is not the right webpage for you.
If on the other hand, iced fruit cake is (lets say) not to your taste and the last thing that you're after is traditional - then welcome friends, you have come to the right place. Read on (and brace yourself), because chocolate heaven has now become a real possibility....
Lets be honest, there aren't many people who don't like chocolate cake - after all, whats not to like?
That rich beautiful colour...
...the smell, oh yes the smell - ask anyone who visits our wedding fairs!
That contrast in texture between the moist sponge and smooth goey chocolate creme which literally melts in your mouth.
(anyone else feeling hungry?)
Interested? Keep on reading to find out what's special about our chocolate cake!
Firstly, it's Andy's creation. Not just any old chocolate cake but his favourite chocolate cake recipe from over a 15 year prestigous career as a Pastry Chef. This man knows chocolate cake.
We are talking about the highest quality Valhrona chocolate, and real French butter. No chocolate substitute or margarine here.
Imagine 3 layers of chocolate sponge between 3 layers of chocolate cream (he squeezes one in on top of the cake in case you were wondering about the maths), all covered with an incredible covering of our own special smooth, melt in your mouth cross between chocolate ganache and frosting.
Then decorate it with handmade macaroons and chocolate truffles. Bliss.
As the old saying goes "the proof is in the pudding". If you'd like to taste some of our cake then you have a few options:
All cakes are priced on a case by case basis, with a 2 tier, 70 portion cake as described above starting at £365.00.
If you'd like your cake to be bigger/more dramatic but don't want a ridiculous amount of cake left over (it's messy to pack in your honeymoon suitcase!) then we can add fake tiers for an additional £50 each.
There are a number of variations that we offer, although if beyond that you still don't see exactly what you want then please contact us as it's impossible to anticipate every possible variation and Andy enjoys discussing new ideas with our couples.
- Sponge: Instead of chocolate you could have hazelnut, strawberry or vanilla
- Cream fillings: These could be flavoured, or one layer could be replaced with a flavoured ganache. Passionfruit ganache as a middle layer is a delicious and popular choice.
- Covering: Instead of a dark chocolate covering you could have a white chocolate covering
- Decor: We decorate our cakes with our macaroons and truffles - we just love them! They also look bold, colourful and fun! We can change the colours or flavours of the macaroons/truffles to suit your theme, or if there's something else you prefer please just say.
- Flowers: Yes, we can decorate the cake with fresh flowers instead. We prefer that these be sourced by your florist.
- Additional items: We are happy to incorporate your own 'Mr & Mrs' signs, for example.
If you'd like to find out more about enjoying one of our chocolate cakes at your wedding please contact us using either the form to the right, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you to arrange a good time to talk to you and learn more about what you have in mind!