Not everyone wants a formal wedding cake, or a plated dessert to be served at the end of a traditional meal.
This page is all about alternative options - things which we call towers. With their height and distinctive look they add a bit of drama and visual appeal to your wedding. They are convenient, as your guests can help themselves when they are ready and can enjoy them as finger food or create their own dessert plate.
Below we offer a few of our favourite suggestions, however if you have a different sweet treat then please let us know as we pretty much believe that you can make a stunning and delicious tower from most things!
Macaroons are a natural choice for a tower - either as a wedding cake alternative, as a small table centrepiece as an alternative to wedding favours, or as a key part of your dessert buffet. They are beautiful to look at, very portable for your guests and completely delicious.
A full 10 tier tower comprises of 152 Proper Patisserie macaroons (our macaroons are a bit bigger than most). Smaller towers suitable as table centrepieces are also available.
We price our towers based on the number of macaroons that you would like to include, an upgrades that you would like and the deposit for the hire of our stands. The basic details are below, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask (as we are busy compiling our FAQ's section)
· £50 refundable deposit for 10 tier stand hire
· £15 refundable deposit for table centre piece stand hire
· Choice of range of 20 flavours
· Upgrade options:
o Metallic finish - £10.00/order
o Bespoke shell colour - £16.00/colour
o Bespoke macaroon – minimum of additional £0.60/macaroon, quoted on case by case basis
· Our macaroon recipe is gluten free, some of our range do contain very small amounts, typically within the standard décor used. Contact us at email@example.com for our current macaroon range, detailing their colour, decoration and allergens.
In theory, if you have a favourite cake we could probably make a tower out of it. However please find below some suggestions:
· Brownie/blondie – possible varieties are milk, dark or white chocolate, with nuts, with salt caramel, with strawberry, mint choc chip or English fudge
· Rocky Road – possible varieties are white, milk, dark chocolate, with or without raisins, with honeycomb, hazelnut praline, crystallized fruit
· Flapjack – possible varieties are honey, banoffee, hazelnut, raisin, pumpkin seed
Our towers are priced on a case by case basis depending on the desired portion size, quantity and type of decoration. A refundable deposit is paid for the stand hire which varies from £30-60 depending on the chosen stand.
Whilst we are more than happy to provide you with individual elements of the sweet edible side of your wedding, we would be absolutely delighted to provide you with everything that you need!
This could include:
· Wedding favours
· Macaroon tower table centrepieces
· Chocolate wedding cake
· Dessert buffet table
· Serve yourself macaroon/truffle ‘stall’
Let us know how many guests you are catering for and anything that you had in mind and we will get back in touch with you with some ideas and a quote. Packages such as this are offered at a discounted rate to individual elements